martes, 22 de noviembre de 2016

My Favorite Photograph

I don't know who took this photograph. Surely it was took for a press photographer.
They are Kim Gordon (Sonic Youth's bassist), Beck Hansen, Dave Grohl (from Foo Fighters), Mike D (from Beastie Boys) and Zach de la Rocha (Rage Against The Machine's vocalist) and they are gathered in the context of "Freedom Tibetan Concert". They belong to select group of the most important musicians during the '90s. Under this premise, they (with his bands) was invited to participate in this music benefit festival that was "Freedom Tibetan Concert" in june 1996, year in that the protograph was took.

Tibet is a region situated in NE of Himalaya and it belong to Popular Republic of China, Asia. In the '50s, the tibetans require break free, for the genocide comitted by Popular Liberator Army these years. It's a constant struggle, that every years had added more victims by the government repression.

I love this photograph, because various rock styles converge, and for a good cause. The captured moment is priceless for me. They are an important part in the construction of my ideology and my identity and for any reason or circunstance is very defficult see them togheter in the real life.



    Kim Gordon      Beck       Dave Grohl              Mike D       Zach de la Rocha



               The Complete Line-up of the Festival.

2 comentarios:

  1. Kim Gordon was my youth idol. I never have seen this picture before.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. The photography is very good, I really like it because everything that rock represents is great :)

    ResponderBorrar